A citizen of a foreign country who seeks to enter the United States generally must first obtain a U.S. visa, which is placed in the traveler’s passport, a travel document issued by the traveler’s country of citizenship. You will need to obtain a B-1 business visa or B-2 tourist visa to travel to the United States for tourism or business.
Certain international travelers may be eligible to travel to the United States without a visa if they meet the requirements for visa-free travel. Please check to see if you reside in a country that participates in the Visa Waiver Program: Visa Waivers
Information on how to obtain a US Visa: Visitor Visa
List of US Embassies & Consulates: US Embassies & Consulates
In Need of A Visa Letter? Please complete this form with the information necessary for us to write you a visa invitation letter. Visa Invitation Letter Information Request
Airport and Ground Transportation Information
Travel From Boston’s Logan International Airport (BOS)
We recommend taking the Plymouth & Brockton Bus Line (P&B) from Boston Logan International Airport to the Sagamore Park & Ride located in the town of Bourne’s village of Sagamore, at the east end of the Cape Cod Canal. Massachusetts Maritime Academy will have shuttle service at the Sagamore Park & Ride to take you to your hotel.
Buses depart each of Logan’s airline terminals on the lower level outside the baggage claim areas, at the sign that reads “Scheduled Buses”, in the orange zone. Buses begin their trip through the airport at Terminal A, then stop at each terminal as they progress through the airport, so depending on your terminal, the bus will be a few minutes later than the time posted on the schedule.
- Terminal A | (Delta, WestJet) | exit door A105 | the stop is just to your right
- Terminal B | (Air Canada/American Airlines | exit door B101 | the stop is right in front of the door
- Terminal B | (Southwest/Alaska Airlines/Spirit, United) | exit door B115 | the stop is outside the door
- Terminal C | (Cape Air, JetBlue) | exit door C110 | farthest door to the right from baggage claim
- Terminal E | (International Airlines) | exit door E107 | the stop is just outside the door
The buses are scheduled every hour on the hour with additional express buses scheduled during peak hours. The schedule can be found here: Plymouth & Brockton Bus Schedule
Tickets must be purchased in advance. Once your ticket is purchased you will receive a QR code that will be scanned before the bus departs the airport. A Plymouth & Brockton ticket can not be purchased on the bus and is not a reservation, it is not for any specific date and time. Although P&B does not guarantee a seat at any particular date or time, Logan is the starting point for the bus route, so there should not be a problem. All transportation is on a “first-come, first-served basis.”
When purchasing a bus ticket, your Origination Point will be Logan Airport. The destination is Sagamore Park & Ride. Both the Hyannis to Logan (1000 & 1200 SERIES TRIP NUMBERS) and Woods Hole to Logan (6000 SERIES TRIP NUMBERS) routes stop at the Sagamore Park & Ride.
Purchase Bus Tickets
Travel From T.F. Green Airport, Warwick, RI and Amtrak Train Station Providence, RI (both are PVD):
- Kon Limo Service ($300 – $800 one way depending on vehicle size, Sedan to Limo Bus)
- Rental car, free parking at hotels and MMA
Free Massachusetts Maritime Academy Shuttle Service from Sagamore and Buzzards Bay bus station to hotel will be available upon request. Prior arrangements will be given priority.
The AGA24, IAMUC and IAMUS will be held at Massachusetts Maritime Academy in Buzzards Bay, MA from October 9 – October 12, 2024.
Massachusetts Maritime Academy has blocked off rooms at the following hotels. Please make your reservations early as this is a busy time of year for Cape Cod. Shuttle service will be provided from the hotels to Massachusetts Maritime Academy. A shuttle schedule will be posted during the conference.
Hampton Inn Cape Cod Canal (1.5 miles from campus)
12 Kendall Rae Place
Buzzards Bay, Massachusetts, 02532, USA
To reserve a room:
- Please use this specific link: Hampton Inn Cape Cod Canal
- Click on the dates at the top of the page and enter desired Arrival and Departure dates
- Click on the box that says “Special Rates” – this opens a window with options.
- In box that says “Group Code” enter code IAA then click “Check Rooms and Rates”
- Select desired room type and complete the steps as indicated to add guest name, credit card, etc.
You may also call the front desk and reserve a room using reference code: IAA
TownePlace Suites by Marriott (7.6 miles from campus)
50 Rosebrook Place
Wareham, Massachusetts 02571, USA
To reserve a room:
When booking your room, please reference the room block code: IAMUC